Translate

Truth

Truth
Bleeding

Disclaimer:

Everything you read here should be considered fiction. Patient rights will always be respected. Any resemblance to persons living or not is purely coincidental.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Beginning

Why start another EMS blog?
A question I've been asking myself for the past few months while I read through other EMS bloggers' histories.  There's enough reading and podcasts out there to keep me busy for years, but it's the record - two years, three years worth of someone's life in EMS - daily musings both dark and light from all over this planet.  I enjoy their lives.  I actually feel like I know some of them pretty well, and I thought my stories might be worth sharing.

You see I live a different life than most.  I have a day job.  I make maps.  I'm working on my graduate degree online in pursuit of being better at my job.

But then there's this EMS thing.  EMS is my passion and addiction.  I work for a park in western North America and get paid (sometimes - more on that later) to go out and drive the ambulance or attend patients when we get a call.  I also just started as a volunteer for the local fire department/EMS.  'Cause I obviously have way too much time on my hands!

I suppose this blog is more for me than for you, gentle reader, who stumble upon it.  I need a place for this part of my life and I created one corner of the web for it.  It's for the EMS in me - my calls, mistakes, and my journey from First Responder to EMT-B to ???

The other aspects of my life might creep in from time to time, you will just have to forgive that as reality.  I like to brew cider and beer.  I like to travel (EMS World Expo in 6 weeks woot!)  I hike. I sketch. I read. I write.  I love my family and where we live.  I enjoy helping people.

Interested?

I'm going to plop my bedroll down and stay a while.  Hope you enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment