Translate

Truth

Truth
Bleeding

Disclaimer:

Everything you read here should be considered fiction. Patient rights will always be respected. Any resemblance to persons living or not is purely coincidental.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What does distance-learning paramedic school cost?

Yep, you've always wondered, so here we go...
(All in US dollars)

$200 Non-refundable Application Fee
$1500 Non-refundable tuition deposit (to accept your seat in the class)
$6000 Tuition payment, due one week before class starts
$800 Distance clinical fee - due when clinical paperwork is signed

$70 Anatomy & Physiology book/self study class through the University of Texas
$500 Paramedic book package

~$2000 2 Week trip to Massachusetts for skills "boot camp"
~$1000 gas/incidentals to travel to clinical location - not sure exactly where this will be, but it's at least 100 miles from my home and I've got 500 hours to put in...

$110 NREMT Paramedic Exam
$500 Travel to NREMT Practical (probably will need to fly somewhere for this)

What am I forgetting?

Drum roll...

Total estimated cost: $12,680
<gulp>

I'm going to keep a running log of what I buy/spend money on for this, just in case anyone is interested.  Maybe I should track my hours spent as well.  Could be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment