Translate

Truth

Truth
Bleeding

Disclaimer:

Everything you read here should be considered fiction. Patient rights will always be respected. Any resemblance to persons living or not is purely coincidental.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

NREMT

It was not simple.  The questions were harder than I thought they would be.

It went too fast.  About 35 minutes.

It didn't seem like enough questions - I last looked on #55.

Then it ended.  Abruptly.  It was done.

I had plenty of time to ponder as I drove the hour and a half home.  Did I fail that miserably?  I didn't think so, but it didn't feel like a slam-dunk either.  By mile 50 I was convinced I'd failed and would have to pay, schedule another test, take another day off work, and drive another 150 mile round-trip to the testing center.  I had told a few people it was my test day, they would be surprised if I tanked it.  Mr. Medic knew, Taylor knew.  Crap.

With the EMR class last year, it took a couple of days to post.  How could I wait that long?
[And yes, I have heard the stories about "Back when I took my test we had to wait by the mailbox for weeks.  Walked to it three times a day in 6 feet of snow, uphill, both ways..."]
It doesn't make the waiting any easier, folks.

So, fingers trembling, I logged in on the off chance it had posted.

Examination Scored
Congratulations on passing the NREMT National EMS Certification cognitive examination


And there it is.  I passed.
Still waiting for the pshychomotor exam results to make it through the bureaucracy, but for now I'm done testing.

Time to start studying protocols.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment