Translate

Truth

Truth
Bleeding

Disclaimer:

Everything you read here should be considered fiction. Patient rights will always be respected. Any resemblance to persons living or not is purely coincidental.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Currently Reading...

The Burned Out Medic
http://burnedoutmedic.com/
I like the writing style on this one.  Should be a fun read.

Also reading:
Emergency Care, 12th ed. Chapters 10-17
(getting ready for the big exam the first week of December)


Rescue: a novel
by Shreve, Anita.
I don't read novels much, but this one was quite good.  Paramedic and alcoholic wife have daughter after one-night-stand.  Enjoyable.

The flame trees of Thika : memories of an African childhood  
by Huxley, Elspeth Joscelin Grant, 1907-1997.
Huxley's imagery takes me right back to East Africa.  I need to read more of her work.

Scent of the missing : love and partnership with a search-and-rescue dog  
by Charleson, Susannah.
Just started this one - maybe will sate my desire to train working dogs (or fuel it further?).  Alas, I'm stuck with a doorstop of a bulldog at this time...


...and in my continuing quest to work my way through King's The Dark Tower series:
The Waste Lands
Probably my favorite book in the series.  Jake loses his mind, returns, gets snatched in Lud, and the Ka-Tet meets with a psychotic monorail.
Really, does it get better than that?

Sounds like I'm reading a bunch, but hey, it's early winter, the weather is crappy, I've been home sick a few days, and call volume is low.

Stay safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment